Quickstart - Create service¶
To get started, create the Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple in the Azure portal.
VMware Solution by CloudSimple - Service overview¶
The CloudSimple service allows you to consume Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple. Creating the service allows you to provision nodes, reserve nodes, and create Private Clouds. You add the CloudSimple service in each Azure region where the CloudSimple service is available. The service defines the edge network of Azure VMware Solution by CloudSimple. This edge network is used for services that include VPN, ExpressRoute, and Internet connectivity to your Private Clouds.
Before you begin¶
To add the CloudSimple service, you must first create a gateway subnet. A gateway subnet is required for each CloudSimple service and is unique to the region in which it's created. The gateway subnet is used for edge network services and requires a /28 CIDR block. The gateway subnet address space must be unique. It must not overlap with any network that communicates with the CloudSimple environment. The networks that communicate with CloudSimple include on-premises networks and Azure virtual networks.
Sign in to Azure¶
Sign in to the Azure portal at https://portal.azure.com.
Create the service¶
- Select All services.
Search for CloudSimple Service.
Select CloudSimple Services.
Click Add to create a new service.
Select the subscription where you want to create the CloudSimple service.
- Select the resource group for the service. To add a new resource group, click Create New.
- Enter name to identify the service.
Enter the CIDR for the service gateway. Specify a /28 subnet that doesn't overlap with any of your on-premises subnets, Azure subnets, or planned CloudSimple subnets. You can't change the CIDR after the service is created.
The service is created and added to the list of services.
To set up pay-as-you go capacity for a CloudSimple Private Cloud environment, first provision nodes in the Azure portal.
- Select All services.
Search for CloudSimple Nodes.
Select CloudSimple Nodes.
Click Add to create nodes.
Select the subscription where you want to provision CloudSimple nodes.
- Select the resource group for the nodes. To add a new resource group, click Create New.
- Enter the prefix to identify the nodes.
- Select the location for the node resources.
- Select the dedicated location to host the node resources.
- Select the node type. You can choose the CS28 or CS36 option. The latter option includes the maximum compute and memory capacity.
- Select the number of nodes to provision.
- Select Review + Create.
- Review the settings. To modify any settings, click Previous.
- Select Create.